Schnitzel Fest Story
Oktoberfest officially begins September 21. (We know it’s not October yet!!) Tradition says Oktoberfest begins the third week end of September and continues until the first Sunday in October. Here at the Bavarian Grill we celebrate Oktoberfest during festival time in Munich. Today, the Oktoberfest in Munich is the largest festival in the world, with an international flavor characteristic of the 20th century. This is the 180th celebration held since its inception, only years with war or cholera epidemics cancelled this festival, which began in 1810. It all begins at noon in the Schottenhammel – Spaten tent with the lord mayor of Munich tapping the ceremonial keg. Up to three strikes gets him reelected any more will get him thrown out of office. Christian Ude serves since 1993 and his record is one tap.
Authentic Bavarian food, bier, and fun in an authentic Bavarian Atmosphere here serving guests from Allen, Plano, Addison, Richardson, Frisco, Dallas and all the surrounding cities! Truly one of the best places for an authentic German Oktoberfest experience!
More Oktoberfest Details
- "Fass Anstich": The Keg Tapping in the outside Biergarten with 15 piece band, raffle and free Bier from our ceremonial keg!
- Enjoy our buffet every Saturday during Oktoberfest from 5 to 9p.m. in the Biergarten
- Every day during Oktoberfest we will be having our "Schnitzel Fest" with 18 different Schnitzel and 14 different sides.
- Join us at the McKinney Oktoberfest on the main square:
- on Friday, September 27 from 4 pm to 11 pm and on Saturday, September 28 from 10 am to 11 pm!
Oktoberfest Bier Test
- Drink one of each of our Oktoberfest biers and get a Braumeister Schnitzel FREE
- Our Oktoberfest and Märzen Biers are: Spaten, Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbräu, Ayinger, Erdinger, Schlenkerla, Weihenstephaner and Franconia.
Schnitzel Fest Menu